Pages

Saturday, October 24, 2015

What it is like to be a quiet person.

We probably all know a quiet person, whether you know it or not. I, myself, am a quiet girl and I been this for almost all my life. We are just so full of mystery! (Just kidding.) Whether you are quiet because you are introvert or because of either shyness or social anxiety, you might relate to this. If you are not, well, you will know what we feel. I don't see much of this here, so here you go!

1. People underestimate you.

When you're quiet, your friends introduce you to new people instead of doing that yourself. It's like you are mute! But sometimes, I like to think of it in a positive way and say that I am saved from the awkward situation when I try to introduce myself and be on the verge of crying. That might be different to you introverts out there! Also, when you say a good comeback, people will be surprised. They didn't think you would say such things, because you are so quiet. That annoys me so much! But I also felt satisfied for some odd reason... Your good friends also underestimate you, whether you know it or not! I am not saying all of your friends are like this... There are many good people out there!

2. People always ask you this one annoying question:

That question is, "Why are you so quiet?" or, "Why don't you talk?" Excuse me, I have my reasons! But really, until you get more talkative you will be asked these questions at least once in your life. In my point of view, I really want to be talkative. My shyness is holding me back. Again, it may be different for other people, maybe you like being alone. That might mean that those people want you to talk, those people are so overwhelmed about your quiet personality. I may be wrong, but I am living in a place where people are so talkative and maybe loud. And people think it is so easy to "get out of your shell and be loud like them." They are dead wrong.



3. You never get the chance to say something.

Whether you are very shy like me or an introvert who prefers not to be social, people almost always never give you the chance to speak. And you people always complain or point out that I, or we, am/are quiet. When you try to tell a story to your friend, somebody needs to tell theirs before you say something. That way, you never get the chance to say the story that is worthy of telling! *sigh* people these days...

4. People may leave you out in social situations.

I don't know about you, but I get this all the time even with my closest friends! When you and another person are together, you are fine and happy. But when somebody comes along, you get ignored and left out. Your friends might even make you walk behind them like a lost puppy! This is the most hurtful thing we experience in a day to day basis. It's like they are saying, "Oh, since they are so quiet we should just leave them out, they won't do anything." This might not be the case for some of you, but we quiet people (or at least me) think this is the most annoying and hurtful thing ever happening to us. We are just ignored, we are just ghosts to you, am I right or am I right? (Kidding!) Really, we are just human beings like you that have feelings. Can't you see that?


And that marks the end of my first blog post! I hope you enjoy this, and remember that I am not insulting anyone! Just sharing my feelings out here. Besides, I really want to be like you guys! 

Until next time!
-Lama

No comments :

Post a Comment